nedelja, 28. avgust 2016

Review - Lancôme Grandiôse mascara

 First of all, bare with me on this one. This is my first attempt at a review-style-piece :)


One of the things I love about makeup is its' ability to accentuate (and correct) one's features. One of my best features (if I do say so myself :)) are my eyes/eyelashes. When I was younger, they were really long (straight, but long), blond and quite thick. Almost every mascara did the trick of making them ... well, nice and prominent. But now, after being a little bit older and having a bit of challenges with thyroid disease and other stuff, they are not as thick and long, but most of all, it takes a special mascara to "oomph" them up. I am also almost incapable of not messing up other places that are not my lashes when applying mascara. Also, my lids are, how can I say, a bit thicker at the lash line. (And after this loooong introduction here is the review itself...)







And for all these reasons I really appreciate that the wand on Grandiôse mascara is quite small, so that I can reach all the lashes without completely ruining the before-hand applied eyeshadow.


So, the packaging. At its' price tag it better be good. Well, I like it, it's elegant, with the rose and differently designed tube. But then again, it's Lancôme and French and oh-la-la :) (But if I were to pick my favorite design of all the mascaras that I've ever owned, it's the Physicians Formula Sexy Booster Va Va Voom Volume Mascara. But that one didn't do much for my lashes, regarding volume).

So, I decided I would let pictures do the talking, so here are some pictures

My eye(lashe)s without any mascara

Another picture without anything on
One coat

One coat of mascara - closed
Two coats

Two coats, closed
Two coats, again (with me trying not to look into camera ;)
I would love it, if there were a waterproof version of this mascara, but I tried working out and wearing this mascara and it held pretty nicely. The black color could be found in my undereye area, but for a non-waterproof formula it's pretty great. 

After about 10 hours wear and an 1hour workout.


So, why do  I like it? Because I really like the small wand and the volume it gives. The first time I aplied it, I thought "Yes, my lashes are back! :)" It also holds a curl pretty well, and is long lasting. The only thing I don't like, is the price. It is around 30 € mark. It is also available here, in our pretty little Slovenia, which is a plus. 





Would I buy again? Well, this mascara isn't particulary new, but not one of their first mascaras either, and Lancôme has since released the Grandiôse Extreme mascara. And if it's as good as this one, I am very, very interested in it. So I would say Yes, of course, but before I would really like to try the Extreme version (when I will splurge or save the money).

So, dear reader, are you a mascara lover? Do you have specific demands for your favorite mascara? 

Thank you for reading, 

Ivy 

2 komentarja:

  1. Odgovori
    1. (Tole pišem kar precej navdušena, ker si moja komentatorka, ampak probam bit kul) Ja, za ta dnar ma da je carska ;) Čeprav me res zanima, a je štos v ščetki, al je tud v formuli kej magičnosti. Bom sprobala, ko se čist posuši, s kakšno essence maskaro skombinirat ščetko :)

      Izbriši